Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy (early) Birthday to Daddy!

Matthew's birthday is Monday, he'll be 31... I love it when his birthday rolls around because it changes our age gap from 3 to 4 years!!! I love that he's always so much older than me!!! (I rub it in too, probably always will)
*****
With his birthday falling on a Monday, I was kinda bummed. Mondays are always difficult in our house-- his busiest day at work by far, conference calls, meetings and cleaning up whatever business mess happened over the weekend, and of course class at night. But I guess I should be grateful... he just barely got out of a 5-day training in Boca Raton that was going to have him gone during his birthday (he moved it to October, which I guess I'm thankful for now, but I won't be in October) ANYHOW, we celebrated his birthday meal today at:

SUPER yummy!

We shared the Oriental Potstickers for an appetizer, which wasn't my top choice but it was his birthday celebration so I went along with it... (potstickers are usually too gooey for my liking) but these were absolutely fabulous! The soy sauce and sesame seeds and all the other spices really complimented each other... I highly recommend it! Matthew had the filet mignon, which he said was so good he barely needed a knife to cut it. I had a crabcake sandwich, which was huge- I had to take half home....

So taking half home left room for dessert- two decadent slices of cheesecake, of course! One was a peanut butter and fudge ripple and the other was peanut butter cup and chocolate chip cookie dough... wow, huh! A pregnant woman's dream... oh wait, we were there for him, right????!!!! :)

Now, it's all I can do to keep Kylie quiet about his birthday present, more to come later.... and he doesn't help, always trying to bribe it out of her and trick her into saying something!!! You can do it Kylie, just a few more days! :)

4 comments:

Mikki said...

Happy Birthday!!
Looks like dinner was super yummy!
Funny about him bribing Kylie. They're really the biggest little kids of all aren't they?

The Foulgers said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you are having a great one, with more surprises in store! How fun!

thepainterfamily said...

oh YUM! happy birthday!

dadTB said...

Happy Birthday, Matt. :-)

We saw your parents at the Barnstormers' games on Friday and Saturday nights. They are looking healthy and happy. Ask your dad what he got a the games from your loving Uncle Tom.

We can remember the day you were born and how proud we all were to have another Boyd join the family.

I hope you had a great night out and tomorrow goes super well.

Love,
Aunt Julie and Uncle Tom