Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Today has been really nice, since when did Mother's Day become the new Christmas? I guess since Christmas stopped being all about me and all about the girls :) hehe. Today's been great! Matthew's in the kitchen right now slaving over a hot stove :) making ham, mashed potatoes, veggies and crescent rolls. I'm not doing any dishes, or diapers for that matter, and my sweet husband will get to rub my feet later too! I'm going to milk it for all I can!!! After all it's only 24 hours, and I spent 8 sleeping, I've got to make the rest worth it. (although my goofy husband did roll over a few times last night, and in between snores said, "happy mother's day," he does the same thing on my birthday)


These pictures are from this morning before church. Bishop cancelled the early meetings, so Matthew was able to be home all morning with us. He took pictures of the girls while I was still upstairs getting ready.





Matthew was waiting at the bottom of the steps!



He got me a lovely orchaid to wear to church, as he does every year. He always remembers at 7 pm Saturday night, and goes out to buy one (and always brings home Ben and Jerry's too!)

Me really trying to not poke myself with the needle. Matthew was no help :)

We all went yellow today, as you can see above...

This is my favorite gift of all time. Kylie made it for me in Preschool, and I just opened it this morning. I LOVE IT! And I'll probably end up framing it and hanging it in our room.

4 comments:

Missy said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend! I sure missed seeing you guys in church today!

Kata said...

Love that you all matched! I am envious. I would really love to do that!

thepainterfamily said...

What a great day! you deserve it! I love that your hubby cooked up dinner! and the edible bouquet looks so yummo!

Nicole said...

That's fun that you and the girls have matching outfits. What I nice day for you!