Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kacey turns 5!

September 5th was Kacey's 5th birthday!  It was actually Labor Day, so we were all able to go out to lunch and celebrate... Kacey, as I remind everyone, is of the 5% of the population that were born on their actual due date.
I say that I can't believe she's 5, but bless her little stubborn heart, I feel like I've drudged through all her drama with every passing day, week, month, year.  Love her to pieces, but she gives me as much grief as the other 3 combined. 

But I will say, that no one loves me like that child does.  From day 1, she's had the ability to just mold right into my chest.  To hug and hold onto me as if she wanted to physically be inside my heart.  Love her sweet little Spirit, she may turn my every hair gray but that child is so special.  I remember being pregnant and having a dream that I was holding a little baby girl.  At that point, I had no idea Kacey was a girl.  All I remember was I was sitting down and there was lots of light behind me shining on her.  Without words, she told me her name was supposed to be Kacey.  And when I woke up, I told Matthew if we were having a girl... boy did I have a story for him.  And lo and behold, now we have our Kacey.  I joke and say no one loves me like she does, but it's very true.  If I were banished to the ends of the earth with no food/drink, this child would gladly come with me.
************
Lots of pictures from her birthday...
Kadyn keeping an eye on ALL the cupcakes!

 Under my brillant direction, Matthew always decorates the kitchen the night before birthdays.  Just something small, but the girls really look forward to it!
 Kloey and Papa... Kloey's got him wrapped around her teeny tiny finger.

 MAKE A WISH!

 Our whole fun group, Aunt Judy was actually visiting too... we had a super great time :)  And we really miss her!
 Kloey's mouth open, "ummm I thought that was my bite?"


 PRESENTS!


 Kylie labeled the day as "the worst day ever!"  She really liked all the presents Kacey got (you know all the summertime toy clearance finds....??), Kylie had a hard time... so too is life.




 I love my face here, "ok, can we clean up and do baths and go to bed... I'm tired." LOL
Happy Birthday Kacey Lacey :)  We love you!

No comments: