Monday, January 10, 2011

CHRISTMAS!

Christmas Morning... the anticipation, the "did he come, did he come?," the "did he eat the cookies?," all the excitement, all the thrill... and Matthew makes them sit on the step as he's downstairs getting the cameras ready and rolling.  So funny!  It takes the girls every ounce of self-control to hold themselves there until he gives the go ahead.  He likes to situate himself so he can see each girl's face as they run from the stairs to the tree.  Here are some highlights of the morning.
*******
KYLIE

 Yes, that is the Tangled Art Set... huge hit, as you can see!
 KACEY


 KADYN
-this child cracks me up with her facial expressions
 You see this vanity... she didn't move from it the moment she saw it.  She sat there the whole time.  She said she didn't want any presents, didn't like them... only liked her vanity.  She got up for 5 seconds because she saw a couple of dollar bills.  Ran to them, took them... and plopped back in her vanity.  Matthew laughed and said she's just like her mother :)
 She did like this little texter, although she still didn't get up for it.  I think Matthew actually had to unwrap it for her.
 Notice her legs crossed.  HAHA, she's such a little stink!
 She did end up moving for the Tangled doll.
 KLOEY
-this truly captures her: happy, content, loving life.

 Christmas morning, off to the buffet with Yaya and Papa!  Gotta say, love enjoying the day with no dishes to make or clean up!
 Afterwards, we went to Yaya and Papa's house for Christmas #2.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This next picture is funny.
 Kloey and my dad have the same shaped head.  There's a story.....
A few days after Kloey was born, I began getting nervous about her head shape.  Call me crazy, call me hormonal, I was on heavy meds... but then out of no where Matthew said to me, "do you think her head is shaped oddly?!"  Well if he notices it, then something is wrong FOR REAL!  Nothing was wrong, I remember crying and getting all upset.  My mom came over and she was like, "Nicole!  Chill out.  You need to calm down. (I'd been going through a patch where I was petrified about everything, probably because of all the stress and difficulties with Kloey's pregnancy and birth.)  My mom says, "She's got Daddy's head."  Lo and behold, look... they've got the same head.  Looking at it from the side, it's a smushed football.  (Dr said her head is fine.)  My dad says it has to be that way to contain all the brains.
\
AND, that was Christmas in a nutshell.
2011 is going to be a great year.  We're hoping for some fun changes with life, obviously with the girls growing and maturing and entering new phases of their life.  Matthew will begin his Masters Program, and he's got some possibilites of different things at his finger tips at work... he may dabble in and is kinda excited about the prospect of that.  We've got hopeful economic plans with paying our home off significantly earlier than the loan term- thus avoiding a whole lot of interest and saving some money in the long run.  As always, I've stocked our home with an incredible food and home storage, probably never needing to buy diapers, formula, and wipes ever again... as well as every tolietry you can imagine from toothpaste to hair spray.  Planning on building out our kitchen, tearing down a wall- eliminating the 6th bedroom (who needs SIX bedrooms anyways!!!) to make a monsterous, enormous kitchen.  Hopefully that wall isn't too important... I guess we'll see.  We're interviewing contractors and coming up with ideas.  Keeping an "eating healthy" plan.  I enjoy maintaining a size 4 after 4 kids... it's do-able.  It can be done, eating healthy is actually quite fun because I get to eat alot and introduce my girls to new foods.  I'm amazed when I see my 2 year old enjoying cucumber, and my 4 year old eating black beans.  I've found an amazing food store with such great food, no preservatives and yucky stuff put inside... but REAL ingredients... the family has no clue I've insituted the change... which is even better that they haven't noticed :)
My New Years Resolution is to SIMPLIFY.  I do alot, have a lot of things I'm involved in with the girls- and that can't change- I enjoy it too much.  But I feel like our lives can get filled with clutter (literally and metaphorically) and I'm going to get rid of that clutter (literally and metaphorically) and SIMPLIFY.  Less STUFF, more QUALITY, more things that really matter... in every aspect of our life.