Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday

So do your kids ever just say something and you think, oh how cute I hope I remember that forever?!!? So this is my effort to remember it...


1. Kylie: "Mom, when I grow up, I want to be a Mom just like you."
Me: "Okay."
Kylie: "But Mom. I want to stay with you."
Me: "Okay."
Kylie: "I'm going to stay here and live in the blue bedroom." (the blue bedroom is our 2nd master, it's the biggest bedroom second to ours.)
Me: "Okay." (can you tell I'm in the middle of something with another child?)
Kylie: "But Mom, you need to tell Daddy to paint the blue bedroom pink. Okay, pink... and then I will stay there."
Me: "Alright Kylie, whatever you say." :)
I thought that was really sweet and clever of her to come up with that. I'll want to remember that when she's counting down the weeks until college.

2. The compassion of a child... We were in our pool and Kylie was doing summer saults in the water, not paying attention to what she was doing, and she totally clocked me on my back/shoulder. It really hurt. So I made her sit on time out and always remember to pay more attention to the people around her. I sat down on the wetdeck and Kacey came over and said, "It's okay Mommy. I kiss it. That's a great idea." She kissed my shoulder. "See, it's all better now." Sweet thing. It still hurt though. ;)

3. I was cleaning Kadyn's closet, and I was sitting on the floor with Kadyn crawling all around. And she used me to stand up. Then I slid away a bit. And her hands were out straight, balancing herself, standing all by herself. And she stood there with a look of excitement in her eyes as she realized what she was doing, and that it was all on her own. Then she fell on her bum and started laughing. It was cute.

*Oh and I forgot to post Sunday Afternoon Pictures. We tried changing the scenary up a little bit... maybe next time Matthew can move his suit jacket.

2 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Watch out! It sounds like you'll have a little walker soon!

thepainterfamily said...

i love your sweet memories with your girls...you're so good to record it. It's those things that make life so joyful. :)