Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th Everyone!


Our 4th of July was really fun! The morning began with Kylie's swimming lessons, which was nice because Matthew was home from work so he could go too and see Kylie with Miss Shannon. Then we had a bbq with my folks, Matthew's bbq's are always amazingly delicious (he burns the hot dogs nice and good just the way I like, and my dad usually gains 5 pounds in 1 day from all the cheeseburgers he eats)...

(Kylie's festive toes)

Then I went shopping for a few hours with my mom- childless and husbandless! Super fun, no little munchkins asking for lollipops or gum and hurrying my shopping trip along. Long story short, I learned something today: you don't need to have a matching outfit if you find a pair of gorgeous shoes, the outfit will come... always always get the shoes anyways... and I did. Also another lesson: if you can't decide which color, get both... one is a chocolate crocodile and the other is silver metallic- both high heeled peep toe (if you can't tell.)
Then when I got home, Matthew had the girls suited up and we played out back in our little pool for 2 hours- can't wait for the real one to be done. My babies are all nice and tan... and of course, we did F*I*R*E*W*O*R*K*S! Here are some pictures of the fun:

Matthew had a glorious time, as always, putting on his fire show for us as we sit many, many feet away... He bought fireworks yesterday, needless to say he went over the "spending limit" I gave him, but he enjoyed himself.

Some of the show, until my camera battery died... figures, before he gets to the big stuff at the end.

A little too much for the little one. She didn't like the loud ones and would lean into me covering her eyes as I covered her ears.


At the end of everything Kylie goes, "Let's do it again!" I asked her what she meant, and she pointed to the big mess of fireworks in the street and said, "Make them all go one more time." Sorry babe, doesn't work like that...

She also just came excitedly running downstairs and said that she can see more fireworks in the sky from her bedroom window, she's never going to go to sleep!!!

5 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

fun! what a great day huh!? I love all the patriotic attire too! I giggled when you said matt went over his "budget". I remember my dad doing this EVERY year. One year, after an especially "generous" purchase, he informed us kids not to worry because he was going to sell his scuba equipment so mom wouldn't be mad! hahaha! LOVE the 4th!

The Foulgers said...

Looks like you had a great 4th. It always seems like men spend too much money on fireworks. Why do they get such a thrill out of blowing stuff up?

Mikki said...

Great Day!! I'm glad you got to do some shopping sans kiddo's. It's always so nice to go shopping without the hubby or kids tagging along. That's probably the only think I miss from my single, pre-kids days.LOL Love the shoes!!

mae said...

Happy 4th to you! I didn't know you were getting a pool! That will be so fun! Its almost a necessity in LV!

We are coming through at some point. Not sure yet, but we definitely want to see you guys! We think about you everytime we drive through! See ya soon!

anna banana said...

Look like a great fourth, and I love the new shoes, super cute!