Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Busy Week

Goodness... there has been a lot going on, I can't keep up.

MONDAY

Bright and early, 7 am, these pool people don't waste a minute of "cooler" daylight. We spent the entire day listening to the sound of drilling concrete, digging concrete and dirt, Kacey crying, and Maggie barking.
Matthew got a quick shot before they started.... fence.

No fence.

Backyard view- we're actually extending that wall forward about 10 feet- it's nice when Matthew's Treasurer on the HOA board.
And now after....



Monday was also Kylie's first swimming lesson with Miss Shannon. Kylie loves the water, but is afraid to put her head under (even with an adult holding her promising to bring her back up). I swear it has to do with how Matthew has traumatized her, I mean played with her :) so she has trust issues. I've seen another little boy Shannon's working with, after 3 weeks he could swim like 5 feet under water all on his own... so I know Kylie's frightened but hopefully she'll get the hang of things.

Oh, and Monday evening Matthew started up class again... fun times. It was a nice little break off, I'm not sure who was more bummed that he started back up -him or me.

TUESDAY

Kylie had her creative class, she made an awesome wreath for the 4th of July. It was by far the best one out of the class, I so owe it all to Tate and Preschool. Kacey and I had our Mommy & Me gymnastics. Next week is our last class, I don't think we're going to sign up again. The highlight for Kacey is getting water during our breaks :) And the plumbing people were here for the pool Tuesday, again being loud... how you can be loud when installing pipes I have no idea! And again, Matthew gone in the evening for a 2 hour (wow!) HOA board meeting. OH!!! And Kacey went tinkle on the potty, all on her own... she was right about to get in the tub, and down she sat and the little potty was filled up! I was shocked, no one even encouraged her or asked her or anything! I keep saying that I'm going to potty train her, but I feel so bad that I might be doing it out of convinence for me and not necessarily if she's ready and wants to. I keep thinking, "if I wasn't pregnant, would I train her now?" Then I feel guilty and I just don't start... but maybe she's ready (?)

WEDNESDAY

Matthew's in Fresno (and Reno next week and San Fran the week after that... I can barely keep up). We had one of our air conditioning units moved to make room for the pool, he was here at 8 am. Nothing like a door bell ringing, dog barking, and baby crying to start the morning off right. But even more fun.... I got to drink the yummy (not) orange pregnancy drink today at the dr's office, and they took my blood. I think an inspector came today also, I saw his truck parked outside... this pool stuff moves really fast! Then, Kylie had her creative class and then swim lessons again with Miss Shannon.

Tomorrow continues with Kylie creative class and then soccer. I'm so glad I've got her involved with things, otherwise we'd go nuts at home listening to the work being done outside. And of course, I'll have to go and buy a big thing of fireworks... many of you may not know, but my husband is quite the pyromaniac. I'm sure we'll have pictures to post from the 4th!!!

5 comments:

The Foulgers said...

You are super busy! I love it. All the noise and commotion will pay off soon! I can't wait to see the finished product!

thepainterfamily said...

wow, a pool! I bet that will be a welcome relief from the heat! I can't wait to see what it looks like! good luck with the rest of your busy week! :) maybe the weekend will be relaxing!? :) haha!

Mikki said...

Well, you are buuuussssy! And the weeks only half way over.
My hubby is a pyro too. It's just not the 4th of July for him if he hasn't sunk several hundred dollars in fireworks.

Nicole said...

Wow you are really busy. It's going to be so fun when your pool is all done.

Mitch said...

Congratulations on the pool. We're looking at one right now too. Send us an email with some of the details - we'd love to hear what company you used, etc. mitchandkimbishop at yahoo dot com!