Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Morning

This little girlie went to church...

AND, This little girlie stayed home...

I'm not sure if it's teething, at least that's what I thought it was at first. She's always putting something in the back of her mouth to chomp on. But she's also very stuffed up at night (we're running a cool water humidifier all night), nose running all day long, and it's all accompanied by a lovely cough. She's also a tad bit emotional, she's a cryer anyways, but lately it's been bad- she can dish it out, but she can't take it.... you look at her funny, and she'll cry for 15 minutes. So everyday we've had the water works, and I don't mean that with a lack of sensitivity. She's got tears streaming down her face, her nose is running down her mouth, and drool all down her chin- aka water works like you wouldn't believe!!! Needless to say, her and I stayed home from church, she just looks sick and I can't imagine her attempting Nursery today. And I'd prefer not standing in the hall for 3 hours trying to comfort her :)

I'm bound to get it if it is a cold. She's been sleeping in our bed in spurts throughout the past few nights, mainly because I'm a paranoid mother... her breathing is so labored at night that I'm worried and can't sleep. So her hot little breath in my face as we're propped up on the pillow for a few hours each night and her slimy leftover tissues makes for sweet little germies all over me... Oh, she also kicks Matthew in the head a few times at night while she sleeps with us (I crack up) I'm sure just to let him know that she knows he's there and she loves him. Fingers crossed I don't get this, I refuse to take meds (other than prenatals) while pregnant. Mainly so I can hold it over their heads and guilt them about it in 15 years or so. :)

4 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, poor baby! We missed her today. I hope you don't get it either. Hopefully it's just allergies!

Nicole said...

Oh I'm sorry she's sick. It's the worst when you have a sick kid! I hope she doesn't give it to you.

thepainterfamily said...

haha! you're a cute mom! hope you stay healthy!

jamieBEE said...

BUMMMER! I am so sorry she is sick!